- Read in different places like outside on a picnic blanket, under the dining table, in a makeshift fort built out of pillows and blankets, by the pool, in a treehouse....
- Have them read out loud to the family pet, to an elderly relative or neighbor or to a younger sibling
- Do a book swap with friends to find new books to read.
- Give them challenges to read so many books and then get a reward when they reach the goal.
- And of course, visit your local library to find new books!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Motivating our children to read.
Here some fun ways to motivate your school aged child to read: