- The Kiwanis Club annual Easter Egg Hunt begins at 10 am at Mosaic Park, next to the Bartow Civic Center, 2250 S. Floral Avenue.
- The West Bartow Men's Club Easter Egg Hunt begins at 10:45 am at Polk Street Community Center, 1255 W. Polk Street. For more info. call (863) 534-0161.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
Saturday, April 3,2010
Join in the fun at the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores.
Games and activities throughout the mall! Lots of great prizes, balloon sculpting, face painting, and bounce houses. Art and Craft show and sale. Have your picture taken with Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry, everyone's favorite rabbits from "Give Kids The World Village". Photo donations go to "Give Kids The World Village".
For more info. about the spring carnival and coupons, visit: www.lbvfs.com
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Immediately following the 9am Tiger Trot fun run
Cost Included for those 12 and under participating in the fun run.
$5 for those not participating in the fun run.
Joker Marchant Stadium
2301 Lakeland Hills Blvd, Lakeland
It's time again to start training for the 2010 Tiger Trot at Joker Marchant Stadium. Mark your calendar for Saturday April 3rd for this special race. This year there is going to be a 5K run/walk, Fun Run, and Easter Egg Hunt.
The 5K run/walk will begin at 8:00 a.m. Following the 5K will be the Fun Run at 9:00 a.m. Promptly after the Fun Run will be Easter Egg Hunt.
Trophies will be awarded to Overall male and female and Masters male and female age groups. Pre-registered runners will receive a t-shirt. Participants that register day of the race will receive a t-shirt, as supplies last.
The early entry fee for the 5K race is 20 dollars and 25 dollars for registering the day of the race. The cost for the Fun Run is 5 dollars.
The Easter Egg Hunt is going to have an astounding 20,000 eggs for the kids to find. Also the Easter Bunny is going to be making a special appearance to Joker Marchant Stadium. The Easter Egg Hunt is only for children 12 and under.
The registration form can be found by clicking here. For questions about the race please email Aaron Rambow at email@example.com
- Lakeland Family YMCA, Spring Extravaganza with crafts, games and more. 10 am until 1pm. FREE; 3620 Cleveland Heights Blvd., Lakeland. Call 644-3528 for more info.
- College Heights United Methodist Church; Egg hunt for toddlers through fifth grade. 11am until 1pm. 942 South Blvd., Lakeland. Call 682-8191 for more info.
- Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church; Easter egg hunt for toddlers through fourth grade. 10am @ 745 S. Ingraham Ave. Lakeland, Call 686-5585 for more info.
- Trinity Baptist Church; 10 am until noon. 6633 Old Highway 37, Lakeland, Call 709-1009 for more info.
Friday, March 26, 2010
FC Tampa Bay Rowdies VS UCF Knights
Lake Myrtle Sports Complex
Main Soccer Field
City of Auburndale
On Berkley Road, 2 1/2 miles north of Hwy. 92 in Auburndale
Free Admission, donations will be accepted for A Millien Dreams Foundation
For More Information, Call 863-551-4750
The Plant City based strawberry grower is asking those who come to make a minimum donation of $1 to Redlands Christian Migrant Association, a nonprofit group that helps low income families.
Participants will receive boxes that can hold up to 10 pounds of strawberries. The farm is at 2500 Sparkman Road in Plant City.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
- Auburndale Oaks Healthcare Center, 919 Old Winter Haven Road, (863) 967-4125. March 27th at 2 pm. Easter Egg Hunt, face painting, food, visit with the Easter Bunny for ages 12 and younger.
- First United Methodist Church on Lake Morton in Lakeland. Easter Eggstravaganza!! Saturday, March 27th, 10 am until noon. Bring the entire family and join us for crafts, music, story time, and lots of eggs. It all begins in the Fellowship Center and ends with a FREE picnic and concert on the front lawn. Bring you egg hunting basket and a blanket.
Saturday and Sunday, March 27 and 28th and April 3 and 4th
Monday through Friday, March 29-April 2nd
- Receive a free 4X6 photo of your child with the Easter Bunny (11 am until 3 pm on the weekend dates and 6-8 pm on the weekdays)
- Crafts for the kids, March 27 and 28th beginning at noon, Thursday, April 1st at 6pm and April 3 and 4th beginning at noon.
- Easter Egg Hunt; Saturdays and Sundays at 2 pm. Ages 8 and under.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
- Lowes Build and Grow clinic, Saturday, March 27th at 10 am. Come build a Kaleidoscope. https://www.lowesbuildandgrow.com/Home.aspx
- Michaels The Knack Free Family Event Spring Thing. March 27th, 10 am until 1pm. Join us for a fun and FREE Family Event to create Spring projects with NEW Crayola® Model Magic® Presto Dots™! Powered by Crayola®. While supplies last. http://www.theknackkids.com/
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
March 27 and 28, 2010
10 am until 5 pm
On the shore of Lake Wales
Children's Activities Tent where budding artists can create their own works of art. There will be plenty of special projects for children ages 5 to 13 years old. The projects have been planned by Polk State College's Visual Art Society members. The children's tent will be open during the entire show and is free for children.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Here is the first one to get us looking forward to the weekend...
Children's Day 2010
"Under The Big Top"
A Fun FREE Event Presented by: Family Fundamentals and United Way Success by 6
Saturday, March 27, 2010
10 am until 1 pm
Big Top Circus
11:15 am Show Time
- Meet "Cocoa Puff" the World's smallest Horse
- Petting zoo with menagerie of Miniature Marvels
- Pony Rides
- Butterfly Encounter
- Bicycle Fittings and Helmet giveaways (while supplies last)
- Face Painting, Balloon artist, games and more...
1001 Lakeland Hills Blvd.
For more info: 863-686-1221 ext.221
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Free fashion paint and instruction with the purchase of a t-shirt ($2.50 in US, $3.50 in Canada). Learn and experience what a birthday party at a Michaels is all about while your kids enjoy a craft project. While supplies last.
- Brusters is doing their annual PJ day, Saturday, March 20th. All day come dressed in your PJs and get a free single cone of yummy ice cream.
- Rita's ice is celebrating the first day of spring and is giving everyone who stops by a free regular sized Italian ice.
Focusing on Cyper Safety
Saturday, March 20 th
10 am until 2 pm
Lakeland Police Department
219 N. Massachusetts Avenue
- Tours of the Police Station including the crime lab, communications center, and emergency operations center
- Children's Activities
- Equipment Displays and Demonstrations from the SWAT Team, K-9 units, crime scene, DUI units and our Hostage Negotiation unit. Will interest Children of all ages!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- Mulberry Spring Fling will be held from 10 am until 2 pm, March 20 on the Purcell Elementary School campus. This event features food, drinks, entertainment, a rock wall, giant inflatables, music and pony rides. Proceeds benefit the Mulberry Community Service Center.
- The Kathleen Area Historical Society will host the 19th annual Heritage Day Festival on Saturday, March 20 at Heritage Park, 8950 N. Campbell Road in Lakeland. Admission and parking are FREE. The hours are 9 am until 3 pm. All are invited to this day of old-fashioned fun, food and live entertainment. There will be old time demonstrators, a quilt museum, a country store, children's games, cake walk and crafts. The new museum on the festival grounds has just been completed and will be open to the public that day. Bring a lawn chair to enjoy the outdoor music.
Saturday, March 20th
and Sunday, March 21st
MacDill Air Force Base
Parking and admission are FREE!
"Featuring the Blue Angels"
The JOY FM invites YOU & YOUR family to AirFest 2010 on Saturday and Sunday, March 20th and 21st! Check out the incredible aerial performances of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, the US Special Op’s jump team and get a close-up view of cargo and fighter aircraft.
For more info:http://www.thejoyfm.com/event/airfest-2010
Thanks to Marcie for passing this info. on to me for my blog.
- Bartow Library; "Paws to Read" with Be An Angel Therapy Dogs, 10 am on Saturday, March 20th. Children build and strengthen reading skills by reading to a patient, attentive therapy dog and its handler. Includes a free book and more.
- Lakeland Library; Join "Cygnets in Flight" and explore the world, 3:30 pm on Friday. Each meeting, we learn about the culture and customs of faraway lands by solving mystery puzzles. This month we'll travel to the land of the Kiwi!!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I was asked to make a batch of homemade play clay for my son's 2nd grade class. The recipe is really easy to do with ingredients you should already have at home. It is cooling now and doesn't look like "playdough" at all so hopefully it will turn out the way the teacher intended. I think I will try this at home on a rainy day sometime for some fun with my boys.
Here is the recipe and some pictures of the process and the finished product:
Play Clay Recipe
1 cup cornstarch
2 cups (1 Pound) baking soda
1 1/2 cups cold water
In medium saucepan, stir together, cornstarch and baking soda. Add water all at once and stir until smooth.
Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture reaches the consistency of slightly dry mashed potatoes. ( Mixture will come to a boil, then start to thicken, first in lumps and then in a thick mass; it should hold its shape.)
Turn out onto a plate and cover with a damp cloth; cool.
When cool enough to handle, knead thoroughly on a cornstarch dusted surface until smooth and pliable.
Store completely cooled clay in a tightly closed zip loc container.
Nature Faire For Kids (FREE)
Saturday, March 20
10 am until 2 pm
Street Audubon Center
115 Lameraux Road
Off Cypress Gardens Road
Winter Haven, FL
Learn about: Birds, Butterflies and Insects
See: Insect Exhibit, Snakes, Amphibians, Nature Exhibits, Woodland Wonders of Joan Waters
Science Fun: Insect Bingo, Fossil Digs, Air Potato Contest and Prizes
Make and Take Crafts
Hot Dogs and Drinks for sale
Monday, March 15, 2010
A FREE Community Event
Learn the Life-Saving Basics of CPR
March 20, 2010 9 am until 10:30 am
Registration at 8:30 am
Location: First Baptist Church at the Mall
1010 East Memorial Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33801
To pre-register or for more information, Call 863-680-1277
or go to www.citizencprinc.com
Come See the World at the World of Reading Festival!
Saturday, March 20, 2010, 9 am until 1 pm
Location: Barnett Family Park
Special Performance by: Jack Hartman at 10 am and noon
Crafts, Face Painting, Inflatables, Fire Engine, Police Car & Performance by "Books on the Move" from the Harrison School of the Arts
Kids will enjoy a magical adventure through five countries and receive a FREE Scholastic Book!
Presented by: Junior League of Greater Lakeland
Friday, March 12, 2010
Got milk? Got dinosaurs? We got ‘em both at our Dinosaur World Florida location on Friday, March 12th. Dinosaur World is a stop on the 2010 “Got Milk” Tour. This tour offers guests a chance to have some nutritional fun such as a dinner fun zone, mustache blending area, sampling area, milk table showcase and more. Of course, the popular milk mustache photo area will be on hand. Health professionals and dieticians will be on hand to answer questions.
The got milk area will be set up in the Dinosaur World parking area from 11:00 to 1:00 and then from 2:00 to 4:00 on March 12th. Take part in the “milk the moment” tour and then take a moment to get some dinosaurs!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- FREE Audubon Event, "Birding for Kids" Lake Region Audubon Society workshop teaches kids bird identification skills. March 13th, 9-11 am at Street Audubon Center, 115 Lameraux Road, Winter Haven. Call 324-9657 for more details.
- Spring Obsession at Munn Park. March 13th 9 am until 4 pm. A celebration of garden, art and music featuring local and regional nurseries, garden vendors and art for and about the garden. Landscape and garden presentations, native plants, annuals, perennials, children's activities and more. springobsession.org
- Downtown Art Fest in Lakeland; N. Kentucky Avenue between Pine and Bay Streets; Artists, photography, jewelry, crafts and more! Downtownartfest.weebly.com
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Street party held along East Main Street and Central Avenue. Parade takes off from Nye Jordan Park and ends at the street party. Call 519-0508 for more details.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- Saturday, March 13th, Noon until 2 pm at Toys R Us; Join us for a Barbie Mermaid Party!! Make a Splash and celebrate the release of Barbie in a Mermaid Tale with coloring fun and great activities. Save $2 on the Barbie in a Mermaid Tale DVD, Saturday only.
- Sunday, March 14th, 10 am until 1 pm at Toys R Us; Bring in your Nintendo DS and train with other Pokemon players!! Plus free giveaways!
- Bartow Library, "Pix and Popcorn" features "Where the Wild Things Are" at 2:30 pm on Saturday, March 13th. The movie is free.
- Lake Wales has a new database called "Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center". It offers patterns, articles, and directions for a number of crafts. Try it at www.cityoflakewales.com/library.
- Mulberry will be having a gaming day for teens with Wii Sports and more at 3pm on Thursday, March 11th. Teens only please.
- Mulberry will also be hosting Movie night, Friday, March 12th at 5 pm. They will be showing "Where the Wild Things Are" and all ages are welcome.
Monday, March 8, 2010
A public 50th anniversary celebration is being held from 11 am until 2 pm Tuesday, March 9th at 1009 N. Church Ave., Mulberry.
There will be hot dogs, cupcakes, an Elvis impersonator and more!!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Here is the information on a few of the Church yard sales going on this weekend around Lakeland.
- Christ United Methodist Church on Lakeland Highlands across from Lakeland Highlands Middle School is having a garage sale on Saturday, March 6, 8am until noon.
- Presbyterian Church in the Highlands on Cleveland Heights and Lake Miriam is having a yard sale on Saturday, March 6 at 8 am.
- First United Methodist Church on Lake Morton is having an Odds and Ends sale on Saturday, March 6, 7:30am until 12:30pm.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
- Bartow Bloomin Arts Festival; March 6 and 7, Downtown Bartow, FREE; Art, food, children's area, flower show, quilt show, antique show and more. Children's Tent times, Saturday, 10am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm. Will include hands-on art, crafts and face painting.
- Family Fun Workshop at the Polk Museum of Art, Saturday, 10:30am until noon. "Watercolor" workshop designed to accommodate children of all abilities.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
- Home Depot Free Kids' Workshops, Saturday, March 6, 9 am until noon. Build a Rain Gauge. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentView?pn=Kids_Workshops&catalogId=10053&storeId=10051&langId=-1
- Michael's The Knack Make It and Take It Free Yarn Project. Saturday, March 6, 10 am until 1 pm. michaels.com for event details.
- NEA's Read Across America Event at Books A Million, Saturday, March 6. Take your kids and celebrate Dr. Suess' Books with fun filled games, special appearances by The Cat in the Hat, and more!!
Monday, March 1, 2010
Here are some deals I found to make the Festival a little more affordable:
- Saturday, March 6 is Kid's Day; Free Admission and Reduced Ride prices
- Sunday, March 7 and Sunday March 14 Mountain Dew Family Day; $5 off admission with Mountain Dew can and Ride all Day for $20