Saturday, June 7, 2014

Our Summer Challenge

My son has challenged our family to Read a lot of books this summer. We are a family that reads a lot anyway, but I do have to admit I don't read as much as I once did. My boys are voracious readers and of course, we don't want to do the "Summer Slide" so we encourage lots of reading each summer. My boys have encouraged myself and my husband to do more reading also. It's funny that at an end of the year party one of my boys' 3rd grade teachers gave them the challenge of only reading 4 books all summer and my son Luke wants us to read 150 books!!!
I think we are up for the challenge and I will be posting updates as the summer progresses. What ways do you encourage your children to read?  What other summer challenges does your family do during the summer?

2 comments: